At the start of 2013 I shared with you my favorite Disney movies of 2012. There were so many great new additions this past year that I wanted to share a 2013 Disney movies roundup with you. All of these movies – listed in chronological order – are can’t-miss and if you didn’t catch them at the theater or pick up DVD copies yet, you should plan to for this year.
There is a lot of entertainment and movie news this week, so let’s jump right in.
Iron Man 3
The Marvel folks have just announced some of the cool features that will be included as part of the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray, DVD, and digital copy release in September 2013. The extras include:
- “Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter” – the 4th in the “One-Shot” series
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at “Thor: The Dark World”
- 2 behind-the-scenes featurettes – “Iron Man 3 Unmasked” and “Deconstructing the Scene: Attack On Air Force One”
- Gag reel
- Extended & deleted scenes
- Audio commentary with Drew Pearce & Shane Black
This week’s movie news is pretty much a Disney-lover’s dream. Iron Man 3 Blu-ray Combo Packs have a street date, and we’re closing in on the 20th anniversary of one of my favorite movies, The Nightmare Before Christmas. Check out all the deets below.
In case you missed it, Monsters University opened last week and topped the box office. MU took in $82 million during it’s opening weekend and it’s no doubt – it’s a scarily good movie! If you haven’t seen it yet this weekend would be a good time to do so. And if you have a Monsters University fan on your hands there are lots of fun MU toys and books available right now (those fraternity and sorority bean bag plushes are awfully cute).
For those that read Views From the ‘Ville regularly, you know how much I love a theme. All of the Avengers lend themselves well to a special night of fun so I thought it would be fun to share some inexpensive ideas to have an Iron Man 3 Family Fun Night. If your family isn’t already chomping at the bit to hit the theater this weekend, these should help get your family pumped up.
- Set the mood by giving everyone their own ticket to family night. You can print the one I created or make your own.
- Spend the day leading up to Family Night pretending to be Tony Stark. Let the kids’ imaginations go wild and come up with their own inventions. Tinker Toys, blocks, straws and clay, pretty much anything can be used as building materials.
- Print out some free cool Iron Man masks for the kiddos to wear.
- Give everyone a glow necklace or bracelet so they can have their own version of an arc reactor power supply.
- Dinner can be a “Black Widow” pizza using black olives as spiders.
- And dessert might be Iron Man cupcakes (swirl red and yellow frosting over vanilla cupcakes) or even fresh strawberries (what Tony brought Pepper to apologize).
- For younger kiddos try a “pin the arc reactor on Iron Man’s chest” game. Just print out a color copy of Iron Man or Tony Stark (you might want to take it to a store that has photo services so you can have it enlarged) and then print out enough arc reactors for each participant.
- Pick up a few plain dark red paper gift bags and fill them with candy, individual popcorn bags, juice boxes, etc. and seal them with a large, round yellow sticker. They’ll be perfect for the family to…
- Settle in and watch Iron Man or Iron Man 2 (or both!) on DVD or Blu-Ray.
- End the night by watching the newest Iron Man 3 clip!
What other Iron Man 3 party ideas can you think of? Will you be seeing it this weekend?
I receive a lot of entertainment news – movie releases and clips, advanced TV programming notices, music drop dates, etc. – and it’s really more than I could conceivably post about without renaming my blog “Entertainment From the ‘Ville”. As a Disney fan, I do generally try and share some of that news, and occasionally a children’s program update.
There’s a lot of it that may be of real interest to you all, though, so I’ve decided to try and write a weekly round up. Check out all the upcoming movies below.
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 – May 3, 2013 Release Date #IronMan3
Fun new LEGO-inspired movie posters and new trailer now out.