The other day I shared my secret about not loving to do the dishes. So meals that require minimal pots and pans and bowls are right up my alley.
One Pot Cheesy Ravioli with Sausage
Not only is cleanup a breeze with my One Pot Cheesy Ravioli with Sausage it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. You probably have everything you need in your pantry and freezer so it’s a perfect recipe to have tucked in your back pocket for nights you need to come up with a meal, fast.
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 jar roasted garlic pasta sauce
- ½ cup water
- 16 oz. frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage until browned and crumbled, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour off excess grease.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and onion powder and mix through.
- Stir in pasta sauce.
- Stir in water. Add ravioli and mix through.
- Bring pasta and sauce to a boil.
- Cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes, until pasta is cooked through.
- Sprinkle on mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
I used the Ragú Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce. If you choose to use the traditional or Four Cheese (which would both be great!) you might want to add just a bit of minced garlic or garlic powder to the recipe, too.
So quick and easy, and really good, too. I like really cheesy ravioli so I used a five cheese variety, but you could use plain cheese or even mushroom and it would be just as good. The cheesy ravioli has the benefit of being an attractive option to my 5-year-old so that’s another plus.