Summer is winding down but you’d never be able to tell by looking at the temperature. It’s been consistently in the 80s and 90s every day, with no end in sight.
Even with the heat we’re still enjoying the last few summer days through visits to the park, splash pad, and at least one cookout per week. One thing I’ve been serving is my Pizza Pasta Salad.
Pizza Pasta Salad
What I love about Pizza Pasta Salad is that it’s very kid-friendly. Pasta mixed with pizza toppings scores a home run even with Bubbles who definitely leans towards being a choosy eater. It’s also very easy to toss together.
- 6 oz tri-color rotini pasta
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni, halved
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 can (3oz) pitted or black olives, drained and halved
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella & Parmesan cheese blend, divided
- grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling, optional
- ¾ cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to the package directions for al dente pasta.
- Let cool completely.
- To the pasta, add in the pepperoni, tomatoes, olives, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese blend. Mix until combined.
- Add salad dressing and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- If desired, sprinkle remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese blend plus a little grated Parmesan over the top of the pasta salad. Serve.
This makes enough for 4-6 people. If you’re serving a larger crowd, go ahead and double or triple the recipe to make sure you have plenty. Feel free to add other pizza topping ingredients, like peppers, diced ham, whatever you like.
I love the summer collection from JCP for serving dishes and tableware. The folks at JCPenney sent me a few pieces that I’m using for end of summer parties and Labor Day. And with items like the fish-shaped bowls, coral-printed platters, and so many things in beautiful blue shades, they’re perfect for a Finding Dory-inspired party, too!
You can pick up the Outdoor Oasis Melamine Small Fish Serving Bowls and Outdoor Oasis Coral Melamine Oblong Tray (shown in photos). The blue large fish serving bowls are sold out, but there are lots of other Outdoor Oasis pieces available.