I’ve been having all kinds of fun this year with baby shower recipes, DIY baby gifts, and cute ideas for “Baby’s 1st” everything. Honestly, I wish I had the time and energy to have done a lot of these things right after Bubbles was born, but I was pretty exhausted those first few months.
Snowman Diaper Cake Tutorial
Originally I was going to try a Christmas tree diaper cake but my husband suggested a snowman diaper cake and that just seemed to make a lot of sense, since the diapers are mostly white.
- Huggies Little Snugglers diapers (I used size 1)
- baby hat
- white toddler sock or small piece of white cloth
- 2 pipe cleaners
- empty cardboard tube
- orange construction paper
- black marker
- receiving blanket or burp bib (optional)
- Slide an elastic around an empty cardboard tube.
- Roll the diapers tightly one at a time, and slide them under the elastic. Continue rolling diapers until you have a full base of tightly nestled diapers.
- Flatten and fold in half a second cardboard tube (or use a similar-sized dowel or tube). Repeat the process from above, making the second layer of your snowman. I used 6 diapers for this level.
- Slide the tube or dowel out, and place the middle layer on top of the bottom layer.
- For the head, I folded two diapers in half length-wise, and rolled them up end to end and secured with an elastic. Cover the diapers with a small white sock or piece of material.
- Place the hat on the snowman’s head.
- Cut a carrot nose from orange paper and glue to the front of the snowman’s face.
- Draw on eyes and nose with a black marker.
- Wrap a ribbon around the center of the bottom and middle layers to hide the elastics. Secure in the back with glue.
- Fold pipe cleaners in half and insert into the sides of the snowman. Pose as desired.
- Fold the blanket or bib in half and tie on as a scarf, if desired.
I picked up the big 204 packs of the Size 1 Huggies Little Snugglers diapers. You could make a snowman diaper cake for each table at a winter baby shower and give the rest of the diapers to the mom-to-be as a gift. Or drop one (maybe even a really huge one!) off with a new mom for baby’s first Christmas, and leave the rest of the diapers for her, too.
You can get the big packs of Huggies Little Snugglers diapers at Sam’s Club in sizes Newborn, 1, 2, and 3. Grab yourself a Sam’s Club membership and get to crafting! (Hint: a Sam’s Club membership also makes a great Christmas gift for a new mom or mom-to-be.)