This Earth Day tips post is brought to you by TerraCycle and Entenmann’s. All thoughts and words are my own.
Today is Earth Day! Did you know that Earth Day has been around since 1970, and that today, more than 192 countries celebrate it? It’s clearly something that resonates globally.
Earth Day Tips
I have some tips from Entenmann’s that your family can incorporate today and every day!
- Check it: Look for numbers and recycling symbols on plastics to know what types get reused.
- Not sure what to do with your Little Bites pouches? Now you can recycle them with the TerraCycle Brigade programs and sign up your school if it is not already participating. Check out what other lunch items TerraCycle recycles.
- Put your sandwich in reusable lunchbox container to take home and use again
- Before you toss anything away, stop to think about how you might be able to use it again. For example, TerraCycle’s team of designers makes products out of wrappers and packaging!
- Have any leftovers from lunch? Before you throw away, make sure to check out what biodegradable foods can be brought back home to be added to a compost pile.
- Make compost at home! Be sure to include the three basic ingredients: Browns (dead leaves, branches, twigs, cardboard, newspaper), Greens (grass clippings, vegetable waste, fruit scraps, coffee grounds) and Water to make an effective outdoor composting area.
The Entenmann’s Little Bites “Recycle… Reuse… Replenish” Fully Recyclable Lunch Earth Day campaign teaches kids the importance of reducing waste while earning money for their schools. Kids can turn in Little Bites pouches and schools can redeem them for cash and points with recycling partner TerraCycle®. Be sure to check out how you can become a team leader for your child’s school.
To celebrate Earth Month and help you kick off your Enteman’s Little Bites Pouch Brigade contributions I have an awesome prize pack for you! One winner will receive a $25 Home Depot gift card, four (4) $5 off Little Bites coupons, as well as a TerraCycle lunch sack made from recycled Entemann’s Little Bites pouches (see above)! Giveaway closed – congrats Helga R!