I love quick and easy recipes that also make great gifts and these chocolate covered pretzels fit that bill! Packaged in an easy DIY Valentine’s Day Treat Bag with stickers, they make a cute gift for Valentine’s Day. They’re also really easy for kids to help make. Bubbles helped me make a batch yesterday and she had a great time mixing, sprinkling, and dipping.
If you have a child in elementary school these might make a nice Valentine for their friends. Just add their names for a personalized Valentine’s treat. Even junior high- and high school-aged kids like to give valentines and these could work for them too. Personally, I wouldn’t mind receiving a bag of these either.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 pkg vanilla flavored almond bark OR 1 lb white chocolate
- 2 T shortening (only if using chocolate)
- 1 bag mini pretzels
- sprinkles or sugar crystals (I used heart-shaped)
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave in 30-second bursts. Mix thoroughly after each 30-second interval and be careful to not over-melt. (If using chocolate, mix chocolate and shortening together and follow the above instructions.)
- Dip pretzels into melted coating or chocolate. Fully dip some pretzels and half-dip others. Gently tap pretzels on the bowl to shake off the excess.
- Lay pretzels on a wax- or parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Let rest for 10-15 minutes and then dip again (if your coating is hardening in the bowl, you may need to re-heat for a few seconds).
- Return pretzels to the sheet and add your decorations. Heart-shaped sprinkles, red and pink sugar crystals, and colored nonpareils all work nicely.
A number of other bloggers have some great easy recipes for Valentine’s Day for you, as well! Please visit all the folks below to get ideas on how to treat your Valentine.