We recently received the new My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Fluttershy DVD and I couldn’t think of a more fun way to celebrate than with Fluttershy’s Cake Mix Cookies.
The cake mix cookies are yellow with a bit of pink, with a little bit of sparkle, just like the adorable Fluttershy herself. And according to my daughter, they taste amazing!Fluttershy is one of our favorite My Little Pony ponies so we were excited to see a DVD centered around just her. We are hoping there will be an entire series of similar DVDs, each focusing on a different pony.
Fluttershy’s Cake Mix Cookies
These cookies require just five ingredients and bake up fast. Mix up a batch, then fire up My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Fluttershy on DVD.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup pink sprinkles
- ¼ cup pink sugar pearls
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together dry cake mix, eggs, and oil until well-blended.
- Stir candies into cookie batter.
- Drop by a large spoonfuls (I used a cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until center is set.
- Let rest on cookie sheet for another 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack until completely cool.
I had Fluttershy’s Cake Mix Cookies ready for Bubbles as soon as she got home from school. Her eyes lit up and she asked if she could try one. I, of course, said yes – but on one condition. She had to let me join her while she watched My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Fluttershy!
Fortunately she agreed and we had a fun mini My Little Pony movie night together! If you like these cookies, be sure to grab the recipe for my Pinkie Pie’s Party Popcorn and Rainbow Dash’s Magic Wands, too!