You know it’s fall when you see PSL hashtags start to pop up on Instagram. And today I’m sharing a recipe for a homemade pumpkin spice latte scrub so you can smell as yummy as the favorite fall drink.
A lot of years ago I worked for a local video store in my home town. The town was very small so many businesses did double duty, offering up multiple shopping options. The video store was no different, carving out part of the space to and installing tanning beds.
Along with the tanning beds they sold tanning lotions and other potions, lotions, and scrubs good for your skin. The scrubs were my favorite though their price tags were decidedly not. So I was very thankful when one of our customers let me in on how to make my own homemade scrubs.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Scrub Recipe
This Pumpkin Spice Latte Scrub is a variation of the basic recipe she gave me years ago. If you’re a coffee drinker then you probably have all the ingredients home in your pantry right now.
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or use some nutmeg and cinnamon)
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix coffee, sugar, and spices in a small bowl. If you are using coffee grounds after brewing coffee, make sure you allow them to dry thoroughly before using in your scrub.
- Mix in vanilla extract and olive oil.
- I don’t like my scrubs to be too “wet” because it feels a little greasy to me. If it gets a little dry by the bottom of the jar then I add a little more olive oil at that time. If you like yours to be more oily, feel free to add more oil at this time to get to your desired consistency.
Not only does the coffee grinds make this scrub smell awesome, but the caffeine helps to tighten your skin. And both the coffee and the sugar help exfoliate.
Check out these other great fall- and Halloween-inspired DIY projects from some of my blogger friends have put together.
- DIY Witch Hat Headband – Busy Creating Memories
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub – Food Fun Family
- DIY Dorothy Halloween Costume for Adults – Style on Main
- Quick and Easy Faux Gilded Pumpkins – How Was Your Day?
- Pumpkin Salted Caramel Poke Cake – Diana Rambles
- Easy Holiday Wood Photo Frame – Casa Moncada
- DIY Mummy Pumpkin Halloween Craft – The Eyes of a Boy