Baking cookies and other treats has long been one of my favorite holiday activities. My Gram always turned it into a real occasion, filling her kitchen with dozens of different bars, squares, cookies, drops, brownies, and fudge. She would put a few of each sweet on a platter or in a box and deliver them to friends and family all over town.
Bubbles and I recently spent a (very rainy!) morning baking up a few treats to share with our neighbors. I wanted to focus more on the fun and delivery and less on the kitchen mess, so we used Betty Crocker cookie mix pouches I picked up at Dollar General as the base for this easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups Recipe
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 48 chocolate candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the chocolate chip cookie mix, butter and egg per the instructions on the package.
- Press cookie dough into mini muffin cups. Use your thumb or a spoon to leave a small indentation in the middle of the cup.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until edges turn golden brown.
- Place one chocolate in the center of the cookie cup; press down. Top with a second chocolate.
- Let cookie cups cool until the chocolates are once again firm to the touch.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for a week or two!
I found this cute holiday tin while shopping over the weekend and I thought it would be perfect to package up our treats. After I printed out some of the cute free printable cookie gift tags to finish off our gifts, I recruited Bubbles to join me in spreading some cheer around our neighborhood.
We decided to “ring and run” – without the ringing part. We left the treats on the front step of some of the houses on our street, as well as on the street where my in-laws live. It was a really fun way to spend the afternoon.
I would love for you to all have the chance to spread cheer this holiday season, too! So I’m giving away $20 via PayPal so you can purchase supplies to do your baking and leave your gift baskets. Giveaway closed.