The new LG G4 has been on my radar for awhile now. Hubby has the LG G2 and he raves about it pretty constantly. I can’t think of a single person that he hasn’t recommended it to.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
I figured that if he liked the G2 so much that he would love the LG G4. So when we were at Best Buy the other day checking out the SUHD 4k TVs we took some time to look over the phones, too. After having just checked out televisions with a curved screen, it was interesting to hold a phone in my hand that also had a curve.
The gentle curve is designed to give you ergonomic comfort when you hold it and there are genuine leather, metallic, and ceramic style back covers for a premium look and feel. As someone that can put the hurt on a cellphone battery, I also find the replaceable, high-capacity 3,000mAh battery to be a nice touch. And you can upgrade the memory to 2TB with a micro SD card.
Another feature of the LG G4 that is worth noting is the camera. Almost all cellphones have a camera now, but the LG G4 has put a heavy focus on making theirs amazing. Some of the specs are:
- f/1.8 aperture for impressive performance in low light situations
- Manual mode with 15 settings and over 135 options for photo enthusiast level control over how photos are captured
- Improved Laser Auto Focus so you’re always ready to capture the moment
- 16MP rear facing camera and an 8MP front facing camera for high quality photos and selfies
- Improved Optical Image Stabilization steadies the shot for sharp, focused images
- RAW image file capture for the highest possible image quality
A smartphone with a manual shooting mode is definitely a huge advancement in my opinion. And you really need to see the color spectrum sensor really is something you’ll want to see in person to get the full experience.
For viewing all those amazing photos they’ve also built the LG G4 with a cutting edge 5.5″ IPS Quantum Display and Quad HD resolution with 538 PPI to provide incredible detail. It has a 50% improvement in contrast for richer images and a 25% brighter display for enhanced viewing in various lighting conditions.
Right now (at least through 6/15) when you order your LG G4 from Best Buy you’ll get a free $100 Best Buy gift card, too!