Lately I have been in the mood for my Mom’s Taco Salad. It’s a great recipe (I’ll share it with you all one of these days), a little different than a traditional taco salad. It’s not hard to make, but it does take a little advanced planning.
Thank you to Lunchbox for sponsoring this post. Words & opinions are my own.
I was trying to decide what to make for lunch recently and after going through all the cabinets, fridge and freezer, I realized that I had everything on hand to make tacos. Which meant that I had everything I needed to make the Quick & Easy Taco Salad recipe from the Kraft Recipe Hub. Hubby likes taco salad, also, so I decided to whip this recipe up for lunch.
Quick & Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- ½ ground beef
- ½ package Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
- ⅛ cup water
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, washed & torn or chopped
- 1 half tomato, diced
- ½ cup Kraft Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Kraft Ranch Dressing (for drizzling)
- Taco Bell Spicy Ranchero Bold & Creamy Sauce (for drizzling)
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tear or chop lettuce and divide between serving plates.
- Top lettuce with diced tomato, seasoned beef, tortilla chips, and shredded cheese.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and ranchero sauce, to taste.
If you look at the original recipe on the Kraft Recipe Hub you’ll see that I made a few little tweaks to mine. This was to serve personal taste preferences (like no onions, swapping out the Cheddar cheese for Mexican blend, and adding the Taco Bell sauce) and serving size needs (original recipe serves 4, and I only needed enough for 2). Feel free to add your own personal twist, too.
While you’re visiting the Kraft Recipe Hub be sure to enter their sweepstakes where you can win up to $1,000. And enter below for a chance to win 1 of 5 $50 Walmart gift cards, too! Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Saturday, January 31, 2015.