This BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger recipe is sponsored by DataRank and KC Masterpiece. All words and opinions are my own.
This seems to be the time of year when more and more cookouts and backyard barbeques become more frequent. And that is totally okay with me, because the foods that are served at these events – burgers, grilled pizza, roasted veggies – are some of my favorites.
When I was in high school I did a lot of grilling out for my friends during the summer. My parents’ house was a natural gravitation point for everyone, and we spent a number of summer nights with burgers around a campfire. I knew I figured that I must be doing something right when even my guy friends complimented me on my grill capabilities.
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
With grill plates I can thankfully grill year-round, but it’s more fun outside. There are a few good occasions for it coming up – Father’s Day, graduation parties. To have a little something special to serve, I put together this easy BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger recipe.
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 T BBQ sauce (plus more for topping)
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Hamburger buns, split
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble two strips of bacon and set aside the rest on a paper-towel lined plate.
- In a small bowl combine ground beef, crumbled bacon, 2 tablespoons of barbeque sauce, plus salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook burgers on a grill or grill plates until cooked through.
- While burgers cook, toast hamburger buns (I like to spread mine with a little butter and put them in a small skillet for a minute or two, until golden).
- Brush burgers with BBQ sauce.
- Top each burger with a slice of Cheddar cheese and continue to warm until melted (tip: cover the burgers with a pot top or another skillet to help trap the heat to melt the cheese faster).
- Place a patty on each bun bottom. Top with cooked bacon slices and drizzle with more BBQ sauce.
Super-easy, and done in under 30 minutes. Which is good, because by the time your guests or family finish the first ones, you’ll have the next rounds ready to go for them!
I used the original KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce for these burgers. It has a really great smoky flavor with a bit of a kick that I like. Try these stuffed with sauteed mushrooms and more cheese for an extra special treat.