I received samples to facilitate this post on guest bathroom ideas. No additional compensation was received and all thoughts and words are my own.
House guests are definitely more common during the holidays. Whether it’s Thanksgiving or Christmas or the time in between, family and friends will be coming from far and wide to spend time together. It’s always nice to make guests as comfortable as possible, but you definitely don’t want to break the bank.
One of the easiest places to make an impact is the guest bathroom. It’s a small space so a few small changes can make a big impact. Here are five holiday decorating ideas for a comfortable, inviting guest space.
5 Guest Bathroom Ideas
- Bath & Hand Towels – There’s nothing nicer than wrapping yourself in a thick, plush towel after a shower. Find a cute holiday-themed hand towel and then pick up bath towels in complimentary shades. Very festive yet still classy.
- Provide Storage – Make guests feel less like guests by providing them with some storage. Clear off a shelf, empty the shower rack, whatever you can do to give them a place to set their own items and not have to live out of their suitcase.
- Basket of Toiletries – Your guests may have forgotten or not have had room for every little thing. A basket with toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, fresh soap, and a flashlight for getting around in the dark will be appreciated.
- Accessories and Extras – If you don’t already have one, consider hanging a hook on the back of the bathroom door for guests to hang a robe or towel. Make sure there are extra tissues and rolls of toilet tissue under the sink or someplace accessible for your guests.
- Holiday Scents – Whether it’s a pumpkin pie melt in your tart warmer for Thanksgiving or a Christmas tree-scented spray for Christmas, make guests feel at home with a collection of holiday scents.
Some of my favorite holiday scents this year are available from Glade. For Christmas, I especially love the Frosted Berry Kiss spray. It smells and looks very festive! Other limited edition seasonal scents include Apple Cinnamon Cheer, Sparkling Spruce, and Pure Vanilla Joy.
For Thanksgiving I’ll be using the new Wax Melts. I plan to use scents like Apple Cinnamon and Cashmere Woods to invoke the feelings of fall. And the new Wax Melts Warmer has kind of a rustic fall feel to it, also, that I think will be perfect.