Thank you to JOLLY TIME for providing products to help me create a monster munch recipe.
I love making munch mix recipes for a couple of reasons. One, they’re just so darn tasty. Whomever the first person it was that came up with tossing this combination of ingredients together is a smart cookie.
But I also like making them because they’re quick and easy. I know you all probably get some last minute “Oh, hey Mom, by the way…” requests for snacks for school or a bake sale or something similar. I used to spring that on my own Mom once in awhile. So a go-to snack recipe that can be changed up based on the season, holiday, or even just what mix-ins you have on hand can be a big help.
Monster Munch Recipe
JOLLY TIME white popcorn kernels
Orange-colored candy melts
1 T shortening
10 Pretzels, broken into pieces
1 theater-size box Reese’s Pieces
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pop popcorn according to the package directions; let cool.
- Spread popcorn in an even layer over foil. Sprinkle with half the pretzels and Reese’s Pieces.
- Place candy melts and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl and melt according to package directions.
- Pour melted candy over popcorn. Gently mix until all ingredients are coated.
- Immediately sprinkle the remaining pretzels and Reese’s Pieces over the munch mix. Place a few gummy worms across the top.
- Let set, then break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
If you’re headed to, or hosting, a Halloween party for friends and family you could put some of this in Halloween-print treat bags and give them out as favors. JOLLY TIME also has yummy Blast O Butter Mini Bags that make a great trick-or-treat handout, too. Whichever you decide to do, the recipients will be happy, I’m sure!