Thank you to JOLLY TIME for providing products to help me create a monster munch recipe.
I love making munch mix recipes for a couple of reasons. One, they’re just so darn tasty. Whomever the first person it was that came up with tossing this combination of ingredients together is a smart cookie.
But I also like making them because they’re quick and easy. I know you all probably get some last minute “Oh, hey Mom, by the way…” requests for snacks for school or a bake sale or something similar. I used to spring that on my own Mom once in awhile. So a go-to snack recipe that can be changed up based on the season, holiday, or even just what mix-ins you have on hand can be a big help.
Monster Munch Recipe
JOLLY TIME white popcorn kernels
Orange-colored candy melts
1 T shortening
10 Pretzels, broken into pieces
1 theater-size box Reese’s Pieces
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pop popcorn according to the package directions; let cool.
- Spread popcorn in an even layer over foil. Sprinkle with half the pretzels and Reese’s Pieces.
- Place candy melts and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl and melt according to package directions.
- Pour melted candy over popcorn. Gently mix until all ingredients are coated.
- Immediately sprinkle the remaining pretzels and Reese’s Pieces over the munch mix. Place a few gummy worms across the top.
- Let set, then break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
If you’re headed to, or hosting, a Halloween party for friends and family you could put some of this in Halloween-print treat bags and give them out as favors. JOLLY TIME also has yummy Blast O Butter Mini Bags that make a great trick-or-treat handout, too. Whichever you decide to do, the recipients will be happy, I’m sure!
YUM! This sounds delicious and will be great for our Halloween party!
Oh that looks fun! I love adding gummy treats.
I agree this looks delicious – I wish I had some to snack on now. What a great treat for Halloween time.
I love this stuff! Creative snacks! And fun to look at!
that popcorn sounds good — my kids would love that especially the gummy worms!
Bubbles is still a bit young for gummy worms, so I *may* have added those for myself 😉
What a fun Halloween treat!
Yum, this looks so tasty! I love quick and easy recipes like this.
[…] Get Recipe! […]
[…] Monster Munch Recipe from Views from the Ville […]
[…] Monster Munch from Views from the […]
[…] Monster Munch from Views From The ‘Ville is a fun Halloween treat that kids will love. […]
[…] Jell-O Worms Halloween Muddy Buddies Vampire Bat Cupcakes Monster Munch Mini Ghost Pumpkin Cakes Simple Sweet & Salty Fall Snack Cake […]