When I shop at a drug store there are two things I invariably purchase: nail polish and skin care items. I love to experiment with both new shades of polish as well as new formulations of skin lotions, face scrubs, exfoliators, and more. It’s my way of keeping on trend and current without breaking the bank.
As a teenager and 20-something I mostly focused on basic cleaning and keeping acne-free. Now that I’m in my mid-30s, though, my needs are different. I look for products that keep my skin bright, moisturized, and when possible contain SPF. The new POND’S Luminous line meets all my needs and more.
The Luminous line consists of four products:
- POND’S Luminous Moisture Day Lotion with SPF 15
- POND’S Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser
- POND’S Luminous Clean Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
- POND’S Luminous Clean Wet Cleansing Towelettes
The cleansers each contain soft white Kaolin clay that acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling impurities. Between the Kaolin clay, the texture of the cloths, and the microbeads in the daily exfoliating cleanser, your face not only gets a great cleaning but also feels incredibly smooth after each wash. All the products are very gentle on your skin, however; as someone with sensitive skin that’s important to me and I can attest that the products didn’t irritate at all (they’re all hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist tested).
My favorite of the four is definitely the cleansing towelettes. I have to admit I have not always been the best about taking my makeup off before bed (I know, I know). While I’ve had dozens of excuses, the biggest and most realistic one is exhaustion: 15 extra minutes of sleep always wins out over taking the time to wash my face. But these towelettes are perfect for slackers like me. You just pull one out of the pack, scrub your face, and call it good. They’d also be great for travel; at the end of a day of connections, delays, and transfers I feel completely gross. The towelettes would be a great way to refresh before greeting whomever is meeting you at the gate.
The entire collection lives up to the name “luminous.” And when your skin feels luminous, you feel luminous. Sort of like how you feel after a day at the spa. Or after finding a pair of jeans that fit just right. Or scoring that amazing handbag at 70% off. Could you use some tips on how to feel luminous? Supermodel Molly Sims has partnered with POND’S to bring you tips on feeling luminous every day.
Molly Sims’ Tips for Looking Luminous
- Picture Perfect: My secret to feeling and looking camera ready starts with radiant skin. I rely on POND’S® Luminous Moisture™ Day Lotion with SPF 15 to brighten dull skin. The new moisturizer is enriched with illuminating minerals and contains SPF 15 that protects against skin-damaging rays.
- Nighttime Ritual: I never go to bed without washing my face. As a busy mom, I go for time savers wherever possible. I like a cleanser that both cleanses and removes makeup in one step. POND’S® Luminous Clean™ Wet Cleansing Towelettes gently draws out trapped impurities and makeup to brighten dull skin.
- Feed the Glow: I start the day off with a green juice to kick start my morning. It keeps me energized and does wonders for my complexion.
- Feel the Burn: Early morning exercise puts color on my cheeks and improves my whole body circulation. A great workout also helps to enhance my skin color and complexion.
- Buff Your Way to Beautiful: For great circulation and even tone skin, I recommend exfoliating your face, body and even your lips. It can leave you looking good and feeling radiant in no time.
- Find Your Center: Taming stress is important to help you look your luminous best. I use regular breathing exercises to help keep me calm and centered.
- Lights, Camera: Every woman can look luminous from within – but great lighting can help, too. One trick I’ve learned before snapping a photo is to step away from overhead lights to avoid shadows on the face.
- Glowing Touch: A highlighter is one of my favorite beauty tricks to instantly look healthier and younger. I apply it anywhere that needs a little radiance: under my eyes to minimize dark circles and on the brow bone to draw attention to my eyes.
- Lighten Up: When posing for pictures, I make a point to smile big. Your face will light up and you will instantly look and feel luminous.
If you’re feeling luminous after reading all those tips then head over to the POND’s Facebook page and enter the 30-Day Luminous Photo Challenge for your chance to win gift cards and products!
What makes you feel luminous?
I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. By posting, I am eligible for incentive. I received the pictured products in order to facilitate my review. All opinions, as always, are 100% that of myself and my family.