While I love to cook for my family from scratch sometimes we need a quick and easy bite that fits into our sometimes-busy schedule. It also needs to taste good and be healthy. And if our “choosy” 2-year-old likes it even better!
The other day we decided to make some homemade quesadillas for dinner and it kind of put us in the mood for a few other Mexican/Tex-Mex dishes. One thing I like about making some of our favorites at home is that we can both customize them to our tastes as well as lighten them up a bit. We really like burritos so I thought why not put together a basic rice and bean burrito recipe?
Cooking rice can take awhile and doesn’t always come out perfectly (at least for me it never seems quite as fluffy as it does from a restaurant). So I decided to take a little short cute and use some ready-to-serve Minute Rice. The rice turned out wonderfully and definitely cut down on my prep time. The burrito recipe doesn’t call for many ingredients; you might even have them all on hand. But though it’s a simple recipe it really does taste great! Hubby was even lured to the kitchen by the smell while it was cooking.
- 4 Flour Tortillas (burrito/medium size)
- 1 can seasoned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 pkg Minute Ready-to-Serve Long Grain White Rice
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- ½ C shredded Mexican blend cheese
- salsa or sour cream, optional
- Cook both cups of rice according to package directions.
- While the rice cooks, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Empty rice into skillet; add black beans and taco seasoning mix (add to seasoning to taste).
- Stir rice, beans, and seasoning until well-coated. Continue to cook over medium heat until beans are warmed through.
- Remove from heat and add cheese; stir until cheese has melted.
- Heat tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds. Spoon filling down the middle of the tortilla and roll up. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with a side of salsa or sour cream, if desired.
What is your favorite recipe using rice?
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is an ideal portable solution for lunch or breakfast because you can eat it on the go, straight from the cup. In just 60 seconds, you have fully cooked rice for any meal or snack. You’ll never get bored with your lunch since there are 10 flavorful and wholesome varieties. If you’re looking for a healthy option, Minute® Ready to Serve Rice provides easy portion control since it’s conveniently packaged in two individual single-serve cups.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ for recipes, including Minute® Ready to Serve Stir it Up recipe ideas and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.