I love themed activities. Which is probably no secret if you’ve read my blog for any length of time. DIY projects and recipes centered around holidays, movies, and more is my jam.
So with this being Bubbles’ second full week of summer vacation, I thought it was time for a theme week, and the easy choice was dinosaurs. She is minorly obsessed with all things dino, and with the new Jurassic World movie in theaters, the timing was perfect.
To kick off Dino Week, we decided to make these Jurassic Dirt Pudding Cups. They are easy enough that kids can help (or even make them solo), and tasty enough that adults will enjoy eating them, too.
Jurassic Dirt Pudding Cups
- 1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix (3.9oz)
- 2 cups cold milk
- whipped topping or whipped cream
- 1 pkg chocolate cookies, coarsely crushed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and cold milk until well combined.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Slowly mix in whipped topping until it's the desired color of dirt (about 1 cup).
- In small cups, add a layer of crushed chocolate cookies (about 2T).
- Top with 2-3T of pudding mixture.
- Continue alternating layers, ending with a top layer of crushed cookies.
- Decorate with tiny dinosaurs, fake ferns or trees, candy rocks, or other toppings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Bubbles has developed a real love of cooking and baking, so she had fun putting these together. She was extra proud to serve them as our family dessert later that night.
I have a lot more dino-themed fun planned for us to enjoy this week, so if your kiddos love dinos too, be sure to check back for other activities.
In the meantime, check out these DIY Dinosaur Jars I made a few years ago. They are still one of my favorite bathroom accessories!