It’s no secret how much I love Disney music. I’ve shared with you different Disney albums in the past, like We Love Disney. So I’m excited to have been sponsored by Disney Music and One2One Network to share with you the new Jazz Loves Disney album.
This new album gives you the opportunity to hear some of your favorite classic Disney songs, like “When You Wish Upon a Star”, as well as new favorites, like “Let It Go”, in an all-new way. The voices they tapped to collaborate on this release are not only amazing artists but true Disney fans which shines through in their performances.
I really enjoyed listening to all the tracks on Jazz Loves Disney. Jamie Cullum singing “Everybody Wants to Be a Cat” was probably my favorite. It’s from The Aristocats, which of course has those jazz-playing alley cats so as the first song on the album it was a great lead-in.
Jamie Cullum had the following to say about his participation on Jazz Loves Disney.
“Disney is the first place many of us hear and really start to appreciate music as children. I’m really seeing that now with my own kids. What is wonderful about all the music is that it is challenging, melodically and lyrically exciting and playful. Having the chance to reinvent one of my favourites from the Aristocats – a proper jazz musical – was great fun. It’s such a brilliantly subversive film with killer music in it. I hope we’ve done it justice!”
The full list of tracks includes:
- Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
- Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
- Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
- Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
- China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
- The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
- Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
- Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
- Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
- Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
- Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
- The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
I enjoyed listening to this with Bubbles who loved dancing to the different songs. It’s a fun way to introduce her to some of the older Disney movies we haven’t yet had a chance to watch. It also ended up being a bit of a music lesson as we talked about music styles and why her favorite songs – like “Let It Go” – sounded so different.
Disney has always been for all ages and this album is no different. Everyone from kids to your grandparents will enjoy Jazz Loves Disney.
You can pick up a copy of Jazz Loves Disney on iTunes or Amazon. It would make the perfect stocking stuffer for any Disney or music lover on your list. Don’t forget to pick up a copy for yourself, too!
Which track on Jazz Loves Disney do you think would be your favorite?