This shop and my Tropical Smoothie recipe have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. Opinions are mine, “how did my baby get so big?” back-to-school tears may also be yours. #BoostBackToSchool #CollectiveBias
Bubbles starts kindergarten this week! She has asked every day for a week if it’s time to start yet, which with as often as we’ve had school kick-off events feels like it has.
The big morning is actually on Wednesday and I’ve been planning ways to make it even more special. I want a few fun touches, but I especially want it to start with a breakfast that will keep her full and satisfied until lunch. Concentrating is hard enough when you’re a kid, a rumbling stomach just makes it harder.
Tropical Smoothie Recipe
Bubbles has always been a night owl so adjusting her to a morning schedule will take some time. That means quick and easy meal ideas for breakfast are a must. This tropical smoothie fits the bill and is refreshing and delicious to boot.
- ¾ cup frozen mango chunks
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, sliced & frozen
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- Place mango, pineapple, banana and orange juice in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a container and set aside.
- Rinse out blender.
- Add strawberries and a splash of water or orange juice and blend until smooth.
- Pour tropical smoothie blend into a glass until about one-third full.
- Spoon in a little of the strawberry blend, then top with more tropical mixture.
- Repeat until glass is full.
- You can also pour the glass two-thirds full with tropical mixture and simply top with strawberry blend.
Of course breakfast also needs some protein. Jimmy Dean Frozen Croissant Sausage, Egg and Cheese sandwiches are high in protein and ready in under three minutes. Plus they’re made from real ingredients – sausage, egg, and cheese.
Our first day of school breakfast celebration will also include balloons and party horns. Maybe she’ll be so distracted by the fun that she won’t notice her mother sniffling about her baby girl being all grown up.
She loves turkey so I’ll be packing her a turkey sandwich for her first day. Sourdough bread spread with a little honey mustard, stacked with a few slices of Hillshire Farm® Naturals Slow Roasted Turkey, cheddar cheese, romaine lettuce, and tomatoes makes a hearty lunch. You could also add another tropical smoothie if you wanted!
The best part about both of these meals? They’re something the whole family enjoys. I don’t have to make separate breakfasts and lunches for Bubbles, hubs, and myself – we all eat the same thing. And they’re both available at Meijer where you can save up to $2 with coupons, letting me knock out my shopping list in just one stop.
Getting into the school routine is going to be a big adjustment for all three of us. Having go-to meals everyone will eat will definitely make our busy mornings run more smoothly!