Enjoying pasta is something that has long been a tradition in my family. My brother even requested that my Mom make her spaghetti for the rehearsal dinner for his wedding and my Gram made her own homemade pasta on more than a few occasions.
As much as I love to cook, some nights I just don’t have time to make meals that require a lot of prep or have a number of steps. On days like that one of the recipes I tend to reach for is my easy pasta bake recipe. It’s almost guaranteed that I have everything in my pantry I need to make it.
Easy Pantry Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta (or other favorite pasta)
- 8 o.z. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar Ragu pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta one minute less than package directions. Drain.
- Toss pasta with pasta sauce.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the pasta inside the dish, then spread evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
A really easy way to change it up a little bit is through your choice of sauce. Ragú makes a number of different pasta sauces and I rotate through them regularly. Most recently I used the Parmesan & Romano blend, but I often use the Chunk Mushroom, Sweet Italian Sausage, or others. They each give it a slightly different taste or texture.
Ragú pasta sauce is simmered in tradition, too. Assunta Cantisano was an immigrant from Naples, Italy who brought her family recipe with her to New York City. She planted a garden in her backyard and used the produce she grew to make her family’s recipe famous.
Enter your favorite family recipe featuring Ragú for a chance to win $3,000 in the Ready, Set Cook! contest.