Thank you to Datarank and Hidden Valley Ranch for sponsoring my ranch potato salad recipe. All thoughts are my own.
Anyone else excited that it’s grilling season? I know we are! I’m really looking forward to our BBQ this weekend for the Fourth of July, and while I’m not looking forward to him leaving, I know we’ll have fun grilling out next weekend for his going away party.
Normally we switch off with who is supposed to bring or cook what. We’re hosting this weekend, so we’re taking care of the proteins and all the grilling recipes. Everyone else is bringing sides and desserts. But next weekend, my husband’s aunt is hosting so we’ll be in charge of the “extras”.
Every Saturday night (or at least nearly every Saturday night) growing up, we would have baked beans, homemade bread, and potato salad. Potato salad happens to be one of hubby’s favorite sides, too. So I came up with this easy Ranch Potato Salad recipe that has a cucumber twist on a traditional potato salad recipe.
- 6-8 medium-sized red potatoes
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 T scallions, diced
- ¼ cup cucumber, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add eggs to a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover pan, and let stand in hot water for 12 minutes. When done cooking, pour off hot water, cover in cold water, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place scrubbed potatoes in a small stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender (not mushy).
- Let potatoes cool enough to handle, then dice, leaving the skins on. Place diced potatoes in a bowl and set in the refrigerator until cool.
- Once eggs are cooled, peel and dice.
- Remove potatoes from the fridge and add in scallions, cucumber, ranch dressing, and mayonnaise. Blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced eggs and fold gently until fully coated.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I know a lot of people use relish or pickles in their potato salad recipes, but I think the cucumber combined with the new Hidden Valley Cucumber Ranch dressing give this dish a nice, fresh taste for summer. I can’t wait to take a big bowl to our cookout next weekend! Serving tip: if you’re going to be eating outside, fill a large bowl with ice, and nestle in your bowl of potato salad to keep it nice and cold.
You can pick up the new Hidden Valley Cucumber Ranch dressing at Walmart. Plus there are four other new Hidden Valley flavors: Avocado Ranch, Sweet Chili, Roasted Garlic, and Light Cucumber Ranch. Grab a coupon and try a new flavor today!