As my sister-in-law Abby’s October due date gets closer, I get more excited. I can’t wait to meet my new nephew Jayce! There’s been plenty of planning with an upcoming shower and working on the nursery, but I’m also doing a little planning for Abby for “after”.
Let’s be honest, labor is exhausting. I know Sam and the rest of the family will give her plenty of support but when she gets home from the hospital she’s going to feel a lot different than the day she goes in. I’m working on putting together a list of freezer meals that she can store away now, and I also put together this New Mom Gift Basket that I will have waiting for her when she gets home.
My New Mom Gift Basket has a mix of things she’ll need (some that she didn’t even know she’d need) as well as some things that will give her a little pick me up. Some suggestions for you include:
- Antibacterial hand gel
- Water bottle with filter (really important to stay hydrated!)
- Pocket pack tissues
- Snacks (I chose high-fiber and high-protein since you’ll need the energy)
- Disposable panties/liners/pads – If it’s your first kiddo, you probably don’t realize that these are going to be a must for the first couple of weeks. Grab yourself a free sample of Depend Silhouette Active Fit disposable panties and tuck some into your gift basket.
- Hand and body lotion (your skin can get really dry, and you’ll want to moisturize those stretch marks!)
- Nail polish & some toe separators (now that you can see your toes again you’ll want them to be pretty!)
- Lip balm
Give this at a baby shower, take it to the hospital when you go to visit the new baby, or have it waiting for the new mom when she gets home. No matter when you share it, trust me, she will love you for it! Don’t forget to grab your free sample to include in your gift basket!