A few weeks ago I shared with you a Mom-to-Be Mother’s Day gift idea as a way to share the announcement that my sister-in-law Abby and my brother Sam are pregnant with their first baby. I am so excited that I’m going to be an Auntie, as I have a lot of great memories of doing fun things with my aunts.
To extend the fun, over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing lots of baby and baby shower fun. Baby shower recipes, crafts, DIY gifts and decorations, must have baby items and more. Follow along with hashtag #BabyCBabyShower on Twitter and Instagram so you don’t miss any of the fun.
I’m going to kick things off with a classic Egg Salad Sandwich recipe. Growing up I remember egg salad sandwiches being served at pretty much every shower I ever went to. Normally they were served on little white bread triangles or tiny split-top rolls, but I thought it would be fun to serve them on small croissants.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 T mayo
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 small croissants
- Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let sit 10 minutes, then transfer eggs to cold water until cool enough to peel.
- Roughly chop the peeled eggs and place in a small bowl.
- Add mayo, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper and gently combine.
- Split croissants in half horizontally and fill with egg salad mixture.
If your hard-boiled eggs tend to break, crack or tear, I have some tips for making perfect hard-boiled eggs for you. They turn out awesome every time.