Bubbles has been asking me for the last few days if it was Valentine’s Day yet. In order to smooth the transition after Christmas, I kind of talked up Valentine’s Day and how it wasn’t that far away, and that how after Valentine’s Day it would be her birthday. No need to be sad about taking down the Christmas tree, because we had two other reasons to decorate.
So far she’s colored a number of construction paper hearts which she then taped to the inside of the front door. After assessing her work she suggested that I should probably pick up a few more decorations the next time I was at the store. Thanks to the Target Dollar Spot we now have a few other items up, too.
Now she’s moved on to Valentine’s Day-inspired treats. She wanted to bake cookies yesterday, but I didn’t have everything I needed to make the ones we wanted. I did, however, have everything that was needed to make some pretty White Chocolate Candy Valentine Hearts.
White Chocolate Candy Valentine Hearts
These chocolate hearts are awesome for a lot of reasons. First, there are only two ingredients (sprinkles and white chocolate) and they’re both something you might already have in your pantry. Second, they’re easy for little hands to help with so it can be a family project. And last they taste yummy!
Start by filling each well of a silicone mold with sprinkles. I used heart-shaped molds made for ice cubes that were $1 for a pair last year in Target’s Dollar Spot. Next melt the chocolate according to the package instructions (if you don’t have white chocolate you can also use white candy bark). Spoon the chocolate into a piping bag (or a plastic sandwich baggie) and pipe the chocolate into the wells on top of the sprinkles.
Set your filled molds in the freezer or refrigerator until firm. Then just pop them out of the molds and you’re done! You’ll want to make a few batches, some to keep and some to fill up Valentine treat bags and give as gifts.
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side