0 Flares 0 Flares ×
I love gift baskets.
I love receiving them, I love giving them, I even enjoy putting together that perfect basket on occasion. I very vividly recall what is probably the best gift basket I ever had. It was during my senior year of high school, when I went to Walt Disney World with my math class. My family is all well aware of what a “Disney freak” I am and so my Mom wanted to do something special for us. She also knew that one of the people sharing my room was a friend who had never been to Disney (hadn’t even been out of state, if I remember correctly), so she wanted to start us off right.
So when we got checked into our room we discovered this huge refrigerated bag (printed with Mickey & friends) filled with all kinds of snacks and drinks and other goodies. It couldn’t have been a more perfect way to sprinkle our trip with pixie dust. Funny how a basket of food can get four girls all excited.
|Gift Basket & Delivery Box|
Putting a gift basket together can be just as fun. But there are times when you want to do something special for someone but need something faster and easier while still looking great and showing some thought. GourmetGiftBasket.com can help you with that.
GourmetGiftBaskets.com just sent us this Classic Snack Gift Basket to check out. I have to say, it was awesome. My husband loved it because there were so many items that contained nuts and he loves every kind of nut there is. Just seeing the box it was delivered in was enough to get everyone excited. The box was printed with their logo and colors.
Once we opened it we were even more excited. The basket was tied up in a festive raffia bow and came with a personalized gift card. And while I appreciate a nice bow and packaging I didn’t get to appreciate them for long; everyone wanted to hurry and try all the yumminess it contained! There were:
- Dipping pretzels: These were great; even my husband who says he’s not a big “pretzel person” liked them.
- Raspberry Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip: I loved this stuff. It definitely has a little kick to it, which I enjoyed.
- Key Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies: These were by far my favorite product. Kind of a shortbread/butter cookie with a touch of key lime taste and white chocolate chip chunks mixed in. SO good (and addictive!).
- Almond Pecan-dy Crunch: Toffee-covered popcorn, whole almonds and pecans. Quite tasty.
- Petite Cheese Biscuits: Nice cheesy little bites of goodness.
- Metropolitan Trail Mix: Everyone in the family loved sampling this. I loved the dried pineapple, especially.
- Buttered Peanut Crunch: I didn’t get to try these because hubby commandeered them and they disappeared. Guess that should tell you that they were good!
- Peanut roll: Another thing that hubby snatched and disappeared with. He said it was pretty good.
- Snack mix: This appears to have been replaced by peanuts in he current basket. They’re by the same company so I would guess they are also tasty.
You know how sometimes you get a gift basket or sampler and there are a few things that you’re, like, “eh”? Definitely not the case with these. There honestly wasn’t one thing that at least one of us loved. Everything from the delivery time (a couple of days) to the packaging (everything arrived intact) to the product itself was above expectations. And the basket the goodies came in is now being used to corral all the things that used to get tossed on the end of our counter (keys, etc.).
|Snack Gift Basket from GourmetGiftBaskets.com|
My brother has been asking for suggestions on what to get his groomsmen as thank-you gifts for participating in the wedding. I could definitely see suggesting this basket to him as their gift. Or even this golf-themed “Hitting the Range” basket (love the cute ball-bucket they use as the basket!) as they’re all avid golfers.
Then I started thinking that these would make great care packages for A1 while she’s at college this year. I was pleased to find they have an entire section on their site just for college care packages! The Exam Cram Care Package (the included ramen is a nice “college-y” touch) and the Junk Food Care Package (she loves Easy Mac) are my two faves.
I was surprised to learn that GourmetGiftBaskets.com started back in 1940! That’s a testament to their great products and service. But if for some reason you’re not 100% happy, they do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They’ll make it right or refund your money.
Where to Buy
The Snack Gift Basket sells for $59.99. You can purchase it (or any other product) online from GourmetGiftBaskets.com or you can place your order over the phone by calling 1-866-842-1050.
Want to Win?
|Snack Gift Basket from GourmetGiftBaskets.com|
GourmetGiftBaskets.com is giving away a Snack Gift Basket (like the one pictured above) to one lucky Shopping for Savings reader! Simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below to enter. (Please note: Rafflecopter sometimes takes an extra moment to load. If you don’t see it right away, please give it just a moment.)