I received compensation as part of my relationship with Vidoozi through the Quality Blue Community. All opinions expressed are my own.
Keeping connected to family and friends around the country can take a little effort. Fortunately it’s a lot easier now than it was when I went off to college. There were cellphones and email back then, but no smartphones or video chats or anything like that.
Now there are even tons of apps that let you stay in touch in a variety of ways. But my new favorite is the Vidoozi app for the iPhone. In under five minutes you can easily create a custom video message for your friends and family – and it’s free!
When I say it’s easy to do, I mean it’s really easy. You don’t need to have editing skills, or figure out how to stitch it all together. All you have to do is the following:
- Choose your message theme (holidays, birthday, just because, etc.)
- Select a greeting or write a personal one (you have font options, too) to go with a background of your choice
- Take up to 15 seconds worth of video (or use existing video from your phone)
- Take or upload up to 5 photos with or from your phone
- Add the final message – again you may choose a standard one or customize a personal one
- If you want, you can add background music from their library (and can download – for free! – additional choices)
- Publish! Send! Wait for compliments!
Once you publish you can share your video via mail or text message. I took a little video of Bubbles saying Merry Christmas, used photos from my phone that I’ve taken this season, and sent it directly to my parents, then sent the link to myself. You can check out my Vidoozi video here if you’d like some inspiration!
Why would you want some inspiration? Because aside from the fact that you’ll use this app to make a ton of videos (seriously, you will), you’re going to want to make a video right now. Like run and download Vidoozi then come back and share your link because I’m going to give one of you a $100 Amazon gift card!
Yup! Just for testing out the app and sharing your video with me I’m choosing one winner to receive a $100 Amazon gift card. Enter fast, though, because it ends at midnight on December 21st. This gift card is just for Views From the ‘Ville readers so that means you have amazing odds. Congrats Emily A!
To whom will you send your Vidoozi video greeting?
I would love to enter but I do not have an iphone…so I’m not able to download it.
To my parents because we will be out of town for Christmas.
I just did a facebook post to all my friends for the video post