This easy vegetable fried rice recipe is a sponsored post for Success® Rice. All thoughts are my own.
Our family really enjoys good Chinese food but finding a place that checks the boxes for everyone can be a challenge sometimes. Good crab rangoons, not so awesome sweet and sour sauce. Or amazing lo mein, but so-so beef and broccoli. We keep saying that we are going to try and make some of the recipes on our own but just have never gotten around to it.
This week, though, I was feeling a little adventurous and decided to finally come up with a vegetable fried rice recipe. We were out of soy sauce so I swung by the grocery store to get a new bottle. While I was there I also picked up a can of mixed peas and carrots and a box of Success® Rice. It boils in it’s own bag for 10 minutes which would be just about perfect timing for me to prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs
- 1 small can mixed peas and carrots, drained
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 T butter
- ¼ C reduced-sodium soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, scrambled eggs, seasoning with pepper to taste.
- Remove eggs from heat; break up into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a clean skillet over low heat add peas and carrots. Mix in onion powder and stir until vegetables are heated through.
- Add scrambled eggs to vegetables and stir.
- Slide eggs and vegetables to one side of skillet and add cooked rice to the other side. Pour soy sauce over rice then mix all ingredients together.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add butter. Stir constantly 2-3 minutes until butter melts and is absorbed.
I have to say that I was really pleased with how well it turned out. So well, in fact, that it’s inspired me to give some of our other favorite dishes a try next time, too. And this vegetable fried rice recipe is what we’ll be making as our go-to side dish with all of them. You could also easily add in some extra proteins to make it more filling. My husband suggested that the next time we have pork loin that I make this rice the next day and we use our leftovers as a mix-in. Isn’t he a smartie?
What is your favorite rice dish?
With 4 varieties available including: Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice, and globally-inspired aromatic varieties of Success® Rice, including fragrant Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice, there’s a variety everyone in your family will love. Try your own twist on one of your favorite recipes by swapping an aromatic variety into some of your go-to rice dishes. To accommodate various households, Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice comes in two different sizes – 14 oz. or 32 oz.
So what are you waiting for? Use this coupon for $.50 off your next box so you can add this staple to your kitchen pantry: http://bit.ly/YwIYtq
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice.