My third week of Nutrisystem
is down – and so am I. Down another half pound, that is! I know 8 ounces might not sound like much to be excited about, but it’s eight ounces towards my goal and not away from it, so I’m happy.
One of my favorite food items this week: the pantry Flatbread pizza. It was amazingly yummy, and as we’re supposed to add a few fruits and vegetables each day, I topped mine with lots of mushrooms and a few leaves of baby spinach. So good! Another favorite? The pound cake. I saved one of my fruit servings during the day and added a couple of chunks of fresh pineapple to it as sort of a deconstructed pineapple upside down cake. It made a great dessert.
This past week the Nutrisystem Nation Bloggers also had the opportunity to try three of the new Chef’s Table Dinner Collection Meals (there are seven in all). The Chef’s Table Collection uses new microwaveable steamer bag technology to help create some of the tastiest microwave foods possible. The entrees include Citrus Barbeque Glazed Pork, Steak Tagliata and Moroccan Inspired Chicken. The meals were created by the Nutrisystem Celebrity Chef Culinary Council; members include:
- Tony Mantuano, chef/partner of the only four-star Italian restaurant in Chicago, Spiaggia; a James Beard Foundation winner for Best Chef of the Midwest and a finalist on Top Chef Masters Season 2
- Michael Solomonov, owner of Philadelphia’s award-winning restaurant Zahav, 2011 James Beard Foundation winner and contender on Food Network’s hit series,“Iron Chef America.”
- Kent Rathbun, owner of award-winning Texas restaurants including: Abacus, Jasper’s, Shinsei, Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen and KB’s Woodfire Grill; thrived in the national scene as a winner on Food Network’s hit series, “Iron Chef America.”
- Mark Estee, owner of newly opened CAMPO in Reno; also known for his dedication to local products and his acclaimed restaurants in Nevada and California.
- Carmen Gonzalez, known in the culinary world for over 20 years as a talented and award-winning chef, as well as for fusing Puerto Rican influences with modern American cuisine; most recently a finalist on Top Chef Masters Season 2.
The Citrus Barbeque Glazed Pork was really great – a nice amount of kick without being overpowering, and came with a roasted corn salsa that I liked.
The other piece of exciting news? Nutrisystem has a new face, and that face belongs to…
Janet Jackson! She is helping Nutrisystem kick off SUCCESS, the most comprehensive weight loss program to date. The SUCCESS approach is designed to help take the weight off and keep it off through frequent, portion-controlled, balanced nutrition and low Glycemic Index eating. The SUCCESS program offers Nutrisystem’s largest ever assortment of signature artisanal fresh-frozen meals (including those new Chef’s Table dinner entrees); new chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and coffee advanced protein shakes; the introduction of a personalized “My Daily 3™” physical activity program; and increased personalization and flexibility through transition and maintenance plans that help consumers manage their weight on their own. I’ll have more info on SUCCESS for you when my new kit gets here next week.
Previous: -5 lbs
Week 3 – .5 lbs
Total: -5.5 lbs
Please stop in and check on my blogger friends and see how their journey is going:
Passport to Frugal
As part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program, I am receiving my meals for free in order to facilitate my reviews. I’m receiving no additional compensation and all opinions are 100% mine and my family’s.