It’s always exciting when My Little Pony DVDs arrive at our house from our friends at Shout! Factory. I try to make each new release special by making a yummy treat or fun craft that matches the theme. So when I saw Pinkie Pie holding a bowl of popcorn on the back of the MLP Equestria Girls: Magical Movie Night DVD, the idea for Pinkie Pie’s Party Popcorn immediately came to mind.
Bubbles is very excited that her new cousin loves My Little Pony, too. We plan to invite her down soon for a Magical Movie Night of our own. We’ll definitely be serving up more of Pinkie Pie’s Party Popcorn – our first batch disappeared, well, like magic!
Pinkie Pie’s Party Popcorn
Tossing together your Party Popcorn takes only a couple of minutes. If you can’t find candy melts (or the DVD) at your local store, I’ve included affiliate links for you below.
- 5 cups popped popcorn (either microwave or air popped)
- 1 cup pink candy melts, melted
- pink sugar pearls
- multi-colored sprinkles
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Let cool, then remove any unpopped kernels.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions. Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Sprinkle in a generous amount of colored sprinkles and pink sugar pearls.
- Spread out on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar pearls and colored sprinkles, if desired.
- Let set for 15-20 minutes. Break up any large clumps and serve.
Easy peasy, right? I used the light pink candy melts for this party popcorn, but next time I might even use some of the bright pink candy melts. Or even both! Use whatever you have access to or like best.