Beauty & the Beast is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I actually did my high school French class project on it, translating the song “Tale as Old as Time” into French. I still can’t hear the song without “belle et la bête” running through my head.
The live action version of Beauty & the Beast will be in theaters soon, and I can’t wait. But classics will always have a special place in my heart so I’m very happy that the 25th Anniversary Edition of Beauty & the Beast is available on Blu-ray/DVD/Digital combo pack today!
Though I must say seeing the 25th anniversary edition of something I loved in what I thought was the not-so-distant past makes me suddenly feel very old.
The Grey Stuff
When the Be Our Guest restaurant opened at the Magic Kingdom one of the most raved-about offerings was “The Grey Stuff”. If you remember the lyrics:
“Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious!
Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!”
The Imagineers at Disney took that line and created a very tasty dessert. It’s often served on a plate on a large rectangular brownie. I wanted to make something special for our viewing of the (aff) Beauty & the Beast 25th Anniversary Edition that our friends at Disney sent us to review.
- 1 batch brownies, baked in mini muffin pan
- 1 small (3.4oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1 (8oz) tub whipped topping
- Edible silver pearls
- Mix up your favorite brownies (homemade or boxed) and bake in mini muffin pans according to package directions. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill 10 minutes.
- Crush your chocolate cookies, either in a food processor or using a rolling pin.
- Mix cookies into chilled pudding mix.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate an additional 1-2 hours, until thick.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the mix on top of the brownie bites, like frosting.
- Sprinkle with edible pearls.
(adapted from The Frugal Mom)
These are so easy to make and are such a fun treat for movie watching. Bubbles enjoyed being the one to crush the cookies and helping decorate with the edible silver pearls so it’s something kids could easily help with.
If you’re a Beauty & the Beast fan like I am, be sure to pick up the Beauty & the Beast 25th Anniversary Edition. There are lots of special extras like 25 Years Of Musical Inspiration, 25 Fun Facts About Beauty & the Beast, and more.