I’m planning an Angry Birds family movie night as part of our countdown to school starting. I’ve been trying to think of fun touches to make it extra-special, like games, foods, and other treats.
I considered making cupcakes or cake pops but then I thought about how much Bubbles loves marshmallows. So instead I decided to make these “Red Bird” Angry Birds Marshmallow Pops.
Angry Birds Marshmallow Pops
These marshmallow pops are both quick and easy to make, I promise! You just need a few supplies (that if you’re a crafting hoarder like myself, you may already have in your supply closet). In case you need to order any, I’ve included some affiliate links below.
- paper straws or lollipop sticks
- red candy melts
- googly candy eyeballs
- yellow star-shaped candies
- yellow mini cupcake liners (optional)
- Cut your straws or lollipop sticks in half. Insert one in each marshmallow.
- Shake out a few yellow star-shaped candies and carefully cut each one in half.
- Shake out a few googly eye candies and put them in pairs.
- Melt candy melts per package instructions. Dip each marshmallow, one at a time, in the melts. Twirl the sticks slowly, and use a spoon to help smooth and coat. Gently tap off any excess.
- Place pop on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Quickly add two eyes. Turn the half-star candies the long way and center under the eyes, forming the beak.
- After all pops are decorated, place cookie sheet in the refrigerator until set.
- If desired, place each pop in a yellow mini cupcake liner for a “nest”.
And that’s it! They take only a few minutes to make and I think they turned out pretty cute. I can’t wait to serve up these Angry Birds Marshmallow Pops at our Angry Birds family movie night!