Thank you to Chex for sending supplies and goodies for these Chex Mix muddy buddies recipes.
Next week my SIL and brother go to see if they can find out the gender of their baby. I’m looking forward to knowing if it’s a boy or a girl so that I can start shopping for adorable baby clothes! It also makes planning for a baby shower a little easier, if you’d like to decorate based on the gender.
Muddy Buddies has always been a hit at any of the parties I’ve been to, and when you mix in pink or blue candies, it also makes a great snack for a baby shower. Fill cupcake liners and use them as a place setting at the guest tables, or place bowls filled with it on the food or dessert tables.
Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 4½ cups Corn Chex
- 4½ cups Rice Chex
- 12 oz (1½ cups) white chocolate baking chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 T edible glitter
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- ½ cup chocolate-covered candies
- Measure cereal into a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together baking chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds, until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal, and mix (or use your hands) until coated.
- Pour into a 2-gallon zip-top bag.
- Add powdered sugar, edible glitter and sprinkles; seal bag and shake until completely coated.
- Pour out onto wax paper or parchment paper and let cool.
- Mix in chocolate-covered candies.
- Store in an airtight container.
For a baby boy shower, use blue edible glitter, blue sprinkles or jimmies, and blue chocolate-covered candies.
And for a baby girl shower, use pink!
If you’re having a shower and don’t know the gender, you could always use yellow, too.
This is so creative and pretty. Love it, what a great to announce!
We make muddy buddies every Christmas season, but never thought of using them for showers. Great idea for customizing them!
That is such a cute idea for a baby shower! And I’m so excited that I get to make PINK for our upcoming baby.
Oh what a cute idea. I have a girl friend having a shower next month and these would be so much fun. Thanks so much for sharing… I am totally pinning for later.
I love this idea! It is really fun that people are being more creative now about the announcement of their baby’s gender.
That is adorable. I love seeing the neat ways people do for baby showers
Love the creativity – I wish I thought of something like this last year, when I was pregnant
These are super cute and perfect for a baby shower! Imagine having both for twins?! Cute!