This steak kabobs recipe post is sponsored by Kingsford and Walmart. All words and opinions are my own.
I love early fall. The leaves turn, the weather cools off, and football season starts. One of the best ways to combine all those things? Tailgating!
I’ve been grilling since high school pretty much anything I could throw over fire. Pizza, burgers, corn.
Most recently I’ve started making steak kabobs. I like that you get both veggies and protein all in the same bite. And they’re so easy to customize that your family and guests can choose their favorite ingredients and make them just to their liking.
Steak Kabobs Recipe
- 1 lb sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- cherry tomatoes
- red, green, and yellow bell peppers, cut into 1" pieces
- whole button mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- 1 T minced garlic
- Combine oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper, lemon pepper, dry mustard and garlic in a baking dish. Mix until well-combined.
- Place steak in dish; turn once to fully coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, preferably overnight, turning occasionally.
I picked up my Walmart steak the day before we planned to grill out, then put it in the marinade just before going to bed. The next morning, I turned it and let it continue to marinate until we were ready to head over to my in-laws. I cut it into bite-sized pieces, cut the peppers up into roughly 1″ pieces, and seasoned the mushrooms with a little drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
We filled up the grill with Kingsford Match Light charcoal and let it heat up for 20 minutes or so. While the grill heated, I assembled the kabobs. You can add it all in whatever order you’d like; I just made sure each kabob had at least three pieces of steak and a variety of veggies.
Kabobs only take a very few minutes to cook. Give them roughly 2-3 minutes per side, or until the meat is cooked to your liking and the veggies have a good char. That’s it! Everyone will be eating in under 15 minutes.