I’m really not sure how I would make it through the day without my morning cup of coffee. Partly because of the caffeine pick-me-up, and partly because it’s just a nice way to start the day with a couple of quiet minutes.
August is National Coffee Month and I thought it only appropriate to celebrate with some tasty muffins that you can indulge in while you drink your coffee. They even have a little coffee creamer in them for some extra flavor, so it’s kind of like celebrating twice.
Chocolate Caramel Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 T baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 T butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or chopped squares)
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup International Delight Caramel Marshmallow creamer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- caramel baking chips (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a muffin tin with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a second microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add in milk and dark chocolate; microwave for 30 seconds, then whisk until smooth.
- Add creamer, eggs, vanilla, and oil to the chocolate and milk mixture; combine well.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined (batter will still look lumpy).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of caramel baking chips (you could also use more chocolate chips or cinnamon baking chips).
- Bake at 350 for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
There are a lot of ways to make these chocolate caramel muffins “your own”. You can mix up the type of bits or chips you fold in, or even use different flavors of the International Delight coffee creamer that you use. No matter how you make them, I guarantee your morning coffee moment will feel even more special.
What is your favorite muffin recipe?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.