We received a Disney Princess & Me Jewel Edition Belle in order to facilitate our review. No additional compensation was received and all words and thoughts are my own.
My husband thinks I put her up to it (I don’t), but Bubbles randomly starts running around the house yelling, “I do, I do, I DO want to go to Disney!” She then tells us a list of all the friends she wants to meet while there: Minnie & Mickey, Tinker Bell and the fairies, and, of course, the princesses. Kind of hard to deny that enthusiasm!
While we can’t hop down the road to Disney World right now, we can create opportunities to play with her friends while at home. Last month Disney had an “I am a PRINCESS weekend” on the Disney Channel. If you missed it, don’t worry. There’s lot of princess goodness scheduled for the rest of the year.
In addition to watching Princess movies like Tangled and Cinderella on the Disney Channel or on DVDs, we also like to play princess. Bubbles has a tiara that she likes to wear, as well as a fancy “princess skirt” made of tulle. She then sends her little princess and prince friends off on fun adventures in her castle – like when they all received puppies to take care of, went to a ball, or even when they’re just having naptime (“Shh, mama, the princesses are sleepy”).
Now, though, Bubbles has a big princess friend to play with. Recently a Disney Princess & Me Jewel Edition Belle came to live with us. At 21″ high, she’s not quite life-sized but she’s pretty close.
These dolls are absolutely beautiful. They’re designed to give your little princess a playing experience she will remember forever. Each doll has:
- Silky Hair that Feels Real – hair made of Kanekalon, the highest quality of silky hair
- Eyes that Sparkle – Macor eyes features multiple layers of color to give them depth and realistic shine
- A Mark of Trust – a “trust mark” can be found on every item in the line that ensures quality and authenticity
- Graceful Posing – 6 points of articulation allows for more flexibility and posability
- Prefect Smiles – uniquely sculpted and meticulously finished to create a soft, porcelain effect
- Crowing Glory – a signature tiara with a high-gloss metallic finish and adorned with rhinestones in signature colors
Bubbles and Belle have been extremely good buddies since Belle arrived. She loves holding her by the hands and dancing with her, having her help “cook” on the play kitchen, and snuggle up together for story time. Bubbles, like Belle, loves a good book. And while Bubbles doesn’t particularly care to have her own hair brushed, she’s much more agreeable to sit and have it done if she can brush Belle’s hair at the same time.
I love that these dolls were made with such quality, as I expect her to be part of our family for quite some time. My husband and I often talk about the fact that there are so many more cool toys now than when we were kids. The Disney Princess & Me dolls definitely fit into that category.