This is a sponsored conversation about cream filled cupcakes is written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
One of summer’s greatest pleasures is ice cream. It’s cool, creamy, refreshing, and – most importantly – delicious. And now International Delight is helping you take your love for ice cream someplace unexpected – your coffee cup.
The International Delight Cold Stone Creamery line of coffee creamers is now available in three new flavors: Hot for Cookie, Founder’s Favorite, and Churro Caramel. When I saw them at the store I had a hard time deciding which one to try first, but the swirl of whipped cream topping those cookies looked so good that I had Hot for Cookie had to be my first selection.
After getting it home and trying it in my morning coffee (delish!) I started to think about other ways to enjoy that yummy, melty ice cream flavor.. And then I thought – what goes better with ice cream than just about anything else? Cake, of course. And the whipped cream from the bottle gave me an idea. I love to make cupcakes with a little surprise in the middle, and wouldn’t the surprise of an ice cream cookie sundae when you took a bite be a great one?
Cookie Cream Filled Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix, plus ingredients listed on back
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 T International Delight Cold Stone Creamery “Hot for Cookie” Creamer
- Mix cake batter according to package directions. Pour into prepared cupcake pans, filling each well two-thirds of the way full. Bake as directed.
- Remove cupcakes from oven; set aside and let fully cool.
- For filling:
- Beat butter and shortening together until smooth.
- Slowly beat in confectioner’s sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add all three tablespoons of creamer and the salt and beat on medium-high for 2-3 minutes, until smooth, light, and fluffy.
- Fit piping bag with a round decorator’s tip.
- Fill piping bag with cream filling.
- Insert tip of bag into top-middle of cupcakes and gently squeeze. Fill each cupcake just until the top of the cupcake begins to puff. Repeat with each cupcake.
- Use remaining filling to ice the tops of the cupcakes (add more confectioner’s sugar to reach desired consistency, if needed).
I was really pleased with how well the cookie cream filling turned out. It really did taste just like a cookie sundae. While I noshed on one, I did what I often do while having a snack – browse Pinterest! As I poked around I found that International Delight was having a Pinterest contest and you can win $400 towards the ultimate ice cream social.
To enter, head over to the International Delight ID + Ice Cream Pinterest board. Then pin your favorite image from the board onto any of your boards, using the #IScream4ID hashtag. Yup, that’s it. Easy, right? Just be sure to hurry – the giveaway ends on August 15, 2013. I’d love to see one of my readers be one of the five grand prize winners.
Love ice cream + coffee? This summer, International Delight is bringing your favorite Cold Stone Creamery ice cream flavors to coffee and they’re celebrating by giving away five $400 grand prizes to throw this summer’s ultimate Ice Cream Social! To enter, visit the ID + Ice Cream Pinterest board and pin your favorite image using the #IScream4ID hashtag. Good luck!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.