Women are notoriously bad at taking time for themselves. We’re busy taking care of our families, running our households, working our jobs, and everything in between. We certainly can’t take an hour to go get a massage because the world may stop turning while we’re gone.
It’s really important, however, that everyone regularly takes time for themselves to recharge a bit. It’s true what they say: if you don’t take care of yourself first, you won’t be in the best shape to take care of anyone else.
6 Quick Ways to Pamper Yourself
That’s easier said than done, though, so here are six ways that you can pamper yourself in 15 minutes or less to let you ease into the thought of reclaiming a little “you time”.
- Savor a great cup of coffee (or tea). You may need to get up just a few minutes earlier to have the time to yourself, but taking a few quiet minutes to start the day can set you up for success. Add some coffee cake or your favorite treat to make it an extra-special moment.
- Take a stroll. Whether it’s first thing in the morning to wake up, after work to relax, or after dinner to wind down, a short walk around the block can help you feel better physically as well as give you a little mental clarity.
- Nurture a hobby. Work a jigsaw puzzle, knit some mittens, tinker on your car’s engine. Participating in an activity that you really love helps everything else be much more tolerable.
- Chocolate. Whether it’s one of those 5 minute microwave mug cakes or a really excellent chocolate truffle, allow yourself to indulge. Chocolate produces endorphins, your body’s “feel good” chemicals.
- Have a soak. Put a few candles around the edge of the tub, grab your favorite magazine and a bath pillow, and pour yourself a drink in a fancy glass (drinking diet Coke out of a champagne glass is totally acceptable). Once you’ve created a spa-like area in your bathroom, relax in the tub and let the stress melt away.
- DIY Pedicure. Paint your toenails a shade of that season’s prettiest polish and then slide them into a pair of cozy open-toed slippers.
It’s amazing how recharged you can feel after just a few minutes. It can completely restore your sanity and help you brave the Sharpie-covered walls, rush hour traffic, or the neighbor’s dog barking all. night. long.