Thank you to Gooseberry Patch for providing a cookbook to try out this yummy frittata recipe.
Breakfast foods have always been some of my favorites. Eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, bacon. They’re so versatile – and delicious – but I often end up serving them the same ‘ole way. So when I saw the recipe for an Easy Bacon Frittata in Gooseberry Patch’s new cookbook “101 Farmhouse Favorites” I knew it was the first thing I wanted to try.
While I’ve always enjoyed frittatas, this was my first time attempting to make one. I’m glad I gave it a whirl. It was easy to complete and makes a nice change from standard breakfast or brunch fare.
Easy Bacon Frittata Recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Farmhouse Favorites, Submitted by Beth Bundy
- 3 T oil
- 2 C frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 2 T milk
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled
- ¾ C shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add hashbrowns and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture over hashbrowns in skillet; sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; remove from heat, cover, and let stand about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Some things I don’t measure when I cook (especially when it comes to cheese) and that was no different with the frittata recipe. I know I used more than two cups of shredded hashbrowns; basically, I just used enough to solidly cover the bottom of my skillet so I’d have a nice bottom crust. And with the cheese I just sprinkled it on until it looked nice and cheesy. We’ll make this again and I think I might add a half teaspoon of onion powder to the hashbrowns.
The cookbook is filled with lots of tried and true classic country recipes. The kind made with lots of love, passed down from generation to generation. One lucky person will win a copy of their own to share with your family. If you just can’t wait you can also purchase “101 Farmhouse Favorites” from Amazon or the Gooseberry website.
What is your favorite breakfast food?
I received a copy of the above cookbook in order to facilitate my review. No additional compensation was received and all opinions are 100% that of myself and my family. Giveaway sponsored by Gooseberry Patch.