|Image Courtesy of Amazon|
Matter of Cents and I are excited to bring you another week of Pin Me! Pinterest Thursdays.
This week I asked those of you who are following me on Facebook for your theme suggestions, as this week is Reader’s Choice. I’ll be saving the other suggestions for some future posts, but I selected the “Crafts/DIY” option for this week. Here are a few of my faves.
Wedding Invitation Ornament
This one is actually one of my own crafts; I made it for my brother and new sis-in-law.
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove; drain on paper towels.
- Add onion and celery to the bacon drippings. Saute over medium heat about five minutes, or until they are translucent.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes; return to a boil, then simmer over low heat 15-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl (or large measuring cup), whisk the gravy mix into the milk. Set aside.
- Add both the creamed corn and corn nibblets; bring to a boil. Pour in milk mixture and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; add in the cubed cheese a little at a time, stirring until each addition is completely melted.